Virtus Academy is proud to be a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me is a whole-school improvement process based on the idea that everyone can be a leader. This evidence-based approach empowers students with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive in the 21st century.
We focus on developing the whole child by:
- Teaching LEADERSHIP to every student
- Creating a CULTURE of student empowerment
- Aligning systems to drive results in ACADEMICS
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is one of the key frameworks of the Leader in Me process. In addition to helping students learn and apply leadership skills, the 7 Habits give us a common language in building a supportive emotional environment.
4 Disciplines of Execution
The 4 Disciplines of Execution is another critical framework of Leader in Me that helps us identify, track, and achieve academic and personal Wildly Important Goals (WIGs).
We invite our Virtus Academy families and community partners to join us in our mission to develop leaders by:
- Attending an upcoming leadership event
- Joining our Parent and Community Lighthouse Team
- Sponsoring a schoolwide leadership role or club
- Supporting one of our service-learning projects
- Exploring Leader in Me Family Development opportunities by visiting www.leaderinme.org/family-development
For more information about new and ongoing Leader in Me activities at our school, contact Kate Boan.