Essential Job Functions
- Meeting with students and parents to discuss education-related issues, and attending staff meetings.
- Establishing a developmentally appropriate, positive, inclusive, and safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Advancing positive interpersonal relationships with coworkers and students.
- Communicating proficiently with students.
- Implementing district-adopted curriculum.
- Preparing for assigned classes and providing lessons at designated times.
- Integrating suitable use of technology.
- Administering tests following district testing protocol and providing progress reports.
- Determining and supporting standards of classroom behavior, and upholding district-adopted discipline policies.
- Planning and supervising assignments and activities for student teachers, teacher assistants, and volunteers as required.
General Job Functions
- Responsible for the supervision of students in the classroom and in out-of-classroom activities during the school day
- Responsible for classroom materials and supplies
- Supervises instructional assistants, substitutes and volunteers as assigned
- Responsible for completing assigned work within the deadlines in accordance with directives, policy, standards and prescribed procedures
- Responsible for attending and remaining at work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding attendance, absenteeism and tardiness, providing adequate notice to administration with respect to vacation time and leave requests
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Education or related subject required; Master’s degree preferred. State teaching license required. Previous teaching experience with elementary-school–aged children preferred.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the school’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel.