Mathematics Instructional Coach
Essential Job Functions
- Coaches and supports teachers in planning, delivering, and assessing quality Math instruction.
- Plans, models, and co-teaches effectives lessons with teachers.
- Support includes frequent classroom visits, observing Math instruction to assess need, planning for instruction, modeling, co-teaching, consulting, guided reflection, and supportive and specific feedback to teachers as needed.
- Assists teachers with classroom organization, materials procurement, and learning activities that support learning targets and objectives.
- Participates and observes the planning process and the instruction that follows, and provides supportive and specific feedback and suggestions.
- Collaborates regularly with building administrators to address areas of greatest need.
- Analyzes data to determine benchmarks, establish goals, and monitor improvement in identified schools and develops concrete steps within the school, content area, or classroom to address identified needs.
- Assists teachers in analyzing data to guide instruction and plan targeted interventions.
- Assists teachers in developing various formative assessments
- Assists Math Lead in developing and implementing remediation plans, as necessary
- Supports the work of content teams by attending and participating in content team meetings, adhering to the Mathematics curriculum.
- Attends and participates in Math Lead teacher meetings and training.
- Assists curriculum writing teams and administration in the revision and development of curriculum and assessments.
- Attends and participates in professional development to improve and maintain knowledge of content, instructional strategies, coaching skills, and adult learning theory.
- Develops and conducts professional development for teachers regarding instructional strategies, best practices, and specific instructional topics at school and district level.
- Keeps detailed records related to all aspects of the position including a coaching log to include dates, times, and locations.
- Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
General Job Functions
- Must demonstrate evidence of involvement in school activities and committees involving leadership responsibilities beyond those required in the classroom.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of math curriculum and instructional best practices.
- Must possess effective instructional delivery techniques and the ability to guide and train teachers in effective techniques and strategies.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, administrators, and students.
- Keeps abreast of developments, research, and technology in the areas of instructional best practices in mathematics instruction.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand; to enter data into a computer; hear and understand speech at normal levels; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
- Master’s degree
- Valid SC teaching certificate in Elementary and/or Middle Level Mathematics.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience with demonstrated success in the area of
- Math Coaching experience preferred